Parents Leadership Committee
The Vanderbilt Parents Leadership Committee (PLC) is comprised of parents of undergraduate students from the College of Arts and Science, Peabody College, the School of Engineering and the Blair School of Music. From time to time, parents of recent graduates and graduate students also serve on the committee.
The Parents Leadership Committee is comprised of parents who are committed to investing in Vanderbilt and its future. Gifts from PLC members go to work to enhance the undergraduate experience both in and out of the classroom. Through generous gifts from parents like you, scholarships are funded, world-renowned faculty members are recruited and leadership development and programming in our College Halls are created. During PLC gatherings, members have the opportunity to learn about university initiatives, to interact with Vanderbilt’s key administrators, and to spend time with our Vanderbilt students and fellow PLC families.
Vanderbilt Parents Leadership Committee members are asked to:
- Make a leadership gift at one of the following levels:
Cornelius Vanderbilt Level — gifts of $25,000 or more
Dean's List Level — gifts of $10,000 to $24,999
- Educate fellow Vanderbilt parents about the importance of supporting the university through both time and philanthropy,
- Help host regional events such as Summer Send-Off Parties and Vanderbilt and You events, and attend special gatherings on campus and in the community,
- Attend at least one committee meeting per year to demonstrate support,
- Help build relationships between Vanderbilt parents and the university, and promote the university to friends and fellow parents,
- Provide university administrators with valuable insight into the Vanderbilt undergraduate experience,
- Participate in the annual Parents Campaign Thank-A-Thon,
- Advocate on behalf of the university by identifying and recruiting prospective parent donors,
- Help to ensure Vanderbilt remains an outstanding resource to the community,
- Assist Vanderbilt in providing internships and networking opportunities for Vanderbilt students and recent graduates.