Your annual gifts through the Office of Annual Giving go to work immediately to meet Vanderbilt's most important needs and priorities.
Every year, thousands of Vanderbilt alumni, parents and friends give, and these contributions help fund scholarships, support great faculty, and underwrite new academic programs. Unrestricted gifts through the Office of Annual Giving give the chancellor, provost, and the deans critical flexibility to spend gifts where the need is greatest or when special opportunities arise. Annual gifts from thousands of alumni, parents and friends provide the essential annual income for Vanderbilt.
Click here to contact the Office of Annual Giving
Why make a gift each year?
Vanderbilt counts on annual unrestricted gifts as the very foundation for all other giving. These gifts provide a vital margin of excellence, but they must be renewed each and every year.
Why are alumni gifts important?
Alumni giving is an ongoing vote of support for Vanderbilt. Foundations and organizations that rank universities consider alumni participation an indicator of the strength and quality of an institution.
Where does my gift go?
You can designate your gift to the overall undergraduate experience or to one of Vanderbilt’s four undergraduate colleges—the College of Arts and Science, the Blair School of Music, Peabody College of Education and Human Development or the School of Engineering. No matter where you make a gift, your gift makes a difference.
By making an annual gift, you help support:
- scholarships for talented students, making our community hum with voices from all backgrounds
- living-learning communities that bring students and faculty together to explore ideas outside the classroom
- our world-class faculty and programs for student research and summer studies, allowing students to immerse themselves in what they love
- a vibrant campus and community filled with activities outside the classroom and lively campus destinations, such as our newly renovated library
- increased opportunities for students and alumni to come together
Your support, in any amount, counts toward Vanderbilt's success. Your annual gifts work in all these arenas, to provide the dollars that are needed to meet rising opportunities and emerging needs.
Thank you on behalf of the many students and faculty members who benefit from your generosity. Your gifts to Vanderbilt make an important difference each and every year.